Friday, September 7, 2007

Pavarotti Succumbs at 71...

He died of pancreatic cancer on September 6, 2007. A successful, most famous tenor opera singer of my time. Won various awards, made lots of charity concerts, specially "Pavarotti and Friends", and a Guinness World Record holder. Also made lots of records and soundtracks for movies.

Great achievements!

As a musician myself, allow me to give a heartfelt gratitude to a man who in the first place, bridged the gap between opera/classical music to pop songs, raised funds for the United Nations for various causes, hitting nine "C's" and believed that voice never grows old with age.

Lastly, I consider him a trademark to opera/classical music...

So long, Maestro!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HALA!!!! you know my long lost grandpa????? PAvaROTTI ( sakto spelling?) heheheh:P ta, you can write lagi... that's your talent that i just discovered today... i'm impress... CHAR!-munyin